Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Teri Aankhom Ke Siva

I can hold my own in the singing department; especially old Hindi songs.I guess Hindi was a natural choice since I started learning Hindi at a very young age. But I guess what really captured my imagination was Pradeep Somasundaram singing "teri aankhon ke siva" and "poojho na kaise maine"... they appealed in a way that nothing else had so far. Years later today, I heard some of the old songs again in a reality show - and surprisingly sung not in a localized version of Hindi. 
Mohd. Rafi and Kishor Kumar are undoubtedly the best singers that India has produced and I can listen to their songs one after the other without a break; and one of my biggest disappointments to this day remains that I could not formally train in music! My best friends would say many lives were saved!

No comments: