Monday, July 31, 2006

This is a two part blog and is about my experiences at college, specifically one bit of it, my last semester tour. Read the post below to start ...

Our return journey was quie un-eventful. We reached trivandrum a little travel weary but overwhelmed by the sense of how big our country is, and how small we really are. Ok enough of philosophies.

I'd like to now reacollect how the tour and events post it changed my life. The tour gave me a very dear friend, and it was a pity that I did not know her until the last semesters. It also gave me some of the most unpleasant memories, which i will recount here.

Our class had two distinct groups among the guys. I was inclined to one group, but the other group did not find me objectionable either. When one group took up organizing the tour, I got pulled in as well. I did nt think of it at the moment, but since i was always interested in such things, i plunged neck deep into the state affairs. I got really tied up and did not have time for friends. My dearest friends started feeling that i was neglecting them and leaving them for the others. To my peril, such thoughts never crossed my mind. All this built up over the course of the 20 day tour. I did not find the time to go shopping with them or enjoy the places. All i was worried about was to conduct everyting successfully.

After the tour got over, and we presented the financial details, they came back with mis-appropriations. What hurt was that the people who raised this were my best friends, and I had no inkling that things would turn up this way. For almost a month no one used to speak to me. Those were perhaps the darkest days of my college life. It was perhaps a test of endurance, a test by the one above to see if our friendship was for real.

I am happy to say that they did. When things finally cooled down and we started talking, [I remember i cried while sitting in college and mutual friends were trying to put things back in place by having us across the table and talk. I also remember vividly that once we finally talked things over, all of us went to Aruna restaurant and had chilly porotta...just to cool things off ;-)]

And that my friends is the story of the tour. The tour which taught me to plan, the tour which taught me about friendships and the tour which taught me about love...not mine, but Shahjahan's...

2 comments:

M@mm@ Mi@ said...

That was a very touching event,gas muttai.But I liked the idea of having "CHILLI porotta to COOL things off ;)

Anonymous said...

I love gasmutai.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards