Monday, October 16, 2006

The Second Month


Things were getting too hot to handle...We wouldn’t even have finished one lab when the next theory would have started, and a test would be due. It was getting on my nerves...my score was still not too good...It was when I had serious apprehensions about my ability to cope. Many nights (whenever I got some time to sleep) I would lay awake thinking about this...finally one day it caught up with me...and I broke down...I was sure I could not take any more...But I could of course never show this to anyone else...coz everyone had a totally different concept about me...I was the one who always egged my friends not to get disappointed with the low scores, and here I was breaking down and sobbing...Fortunately, I had the chance to interact with a batchmates husband who had been through the same training. He told me, he had not done too good either initially, but had then gone on to score the requisite marks...we spoke for quite some time that day...and I found my confidence seeping back right in. I always associate that night as one of re-birth...coz I had pretty much given up on myself...
And then started a struggle, in a way I never had before in life...friends got together and did combined studies...people who were good were roped in to take classes again...and then I started appearing for tests with much more confidence...and the results obviously showed...my overall score slowly eked its way up from the low 40s to the high 50s and then broke into the 60s...and I was happy....
We also went on a memorable trip to palaruvi and kuttraalam and also to the beach where munnampakkam was shot...Everyone enjoyed, as it was a much need break from the stress...and as with every tour, this helped us cement those relationships...
This was the month of December and T+ also had Christmas celebrations...and the occasion was made memorable by selection of Christmas friends a week in advance....of course, no one else knew who your friend was....ad u ver supposed to give ur friend a clue everyday and on Christmas eve u had to guess who your friend was...that was way too fun....but the fun was yet to come...and that was new year's eve...Our batch had planned a lot of programs, in which the most anticipated one was the ottamthullal...conceived by one of my best buddies Manu, and orchestrated by another, Sudeep, along with yours truly, it was a runaway success...the story revolved around a guy who joins turbo plus with immense expectations, who then comes to face the realities, and then finally strives very hard to score all the requisite marks...in short, our story....even Rajagopal sir gave a standing ovation when it finished...we topped it off with an introduction of ourselves...it went..."conceived by Manu, not even nearing 70%, sung by Sudeep, not even 60% and Aravind...nearing 70% but not there yet"....and then we in unison cried out loud...."Saaaaaaaaaaar, please make it 70%"....Needles to say we were heroes for a week....

December was drawing to a close and we had mastered almost every basic concept...everything was within our reach, except for the marks...as the final exams drew close, I was at 67% and confident of clearing, by giving a good performance for the final project evaluation and lab exams...And hence came in January...and our final moments at Turbo plus...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ottamthullal - i missd it but heard that all were ROTFL . Had Manu enact it but stil.... :(
And to be frank T+ was kinda ok for me... u knw why? Thanks to Ms. M G... guess who it is.. she is wit SQA team now and was with International for some time... She had joined T+ before we did..and I met her at hostel the first day of T+.
I was quite tensed and askd her abt the training..
She replied with a question "Ur specialization for Btec?" And when she knew that I was not from the IT Stream she said..."U better strive hard...i dont think u ll get thru.." she proceeded to say that EVEN(???) she scored some single digit mark for C++ and then how do I expect to make it?
I was reminded of Reji Sir and how I scored 5/50 for C++ in college for the series test.. And with tis fear in mind I attended all classes with utmost concentration and wrote dow all the notes...and finally cleared T+ with 87% (score before proj.. dunno score after it)
As u said it was kind of a rebirth..it gave me the confidence which I had lost during Btech... Made me aware that I can do things.. Well think i need to regain it again... but when i feel real low .. thinking of where my career is heading...and stuff like that... then am gonna come back n read this post of urs.... to remind me ..that I ca do it.

gasmutai said...

That was quite a nice comment di..Happy to know someone wud re visit the blog :)