Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ambitions

What drives men?

Dreams? Ambitions?

I've wondered recently as to what different people dream to be.

What does a thattukkadakkaran want to be? A hotelier?

What does a taxi driver want to be? A pilot?

What about a rag picker? {I dont know, my imagination cant run that wild}

But then, is he still a rag picker because he did not dream enough? Or does he not dream because he is a rag picker? Is it a vicious circle?

Probably not...lots of people who made it big in this world started off pretty low in society...it because they dreamt big that they are here. But dreaming is not enough. The passion with which you strive to achieve them is important I guess. The stories of the Ambanis, the Birlas and the Gates' of this world are inspiring...humble starters, but look where they are now.

At this point, I am thinking about my previous post where i ranted about the moolah. Am i contradicting myself here? No. It is just that i was talking about dreams and ambitions, and for all of these people, making it big, meant money. So, in a way, it augments my thoughts...nowadays, people think only about money.

But you be damn sure, if you have an ambition and the passion to achieve it, you sure shall.

No comments: