Sunday, November 19, 2006

3 point something

Three years gone by on the 3rd of November, and i still dont know where I am headed in my career. I had always wanted to quit at the end of three years in IT, do my MBA and take on from there. The industry is hyper-dynamic, but i never dreamt my life would be one as well. Suddenly I am burdened with the task of making money. And, an onsite opportunity is my only way out. I am torn between emotions...Should i go, leaving behind all i cherish; leaving behind what motivated me; and embrace an option that is at loggerheads with where i want my career to head? I guess i must make that difficult choice. At this point, I must think about my family, and not about myself. It is pay-back time...not that they have asked for it, but just that i realize it...

I cannot now afford to play for time...the game has just started...and god give me the strength to see it thru

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was planning to write abt it soon.. dont ask me where.
Am terribly confused abt wat to do next... Burdened wud be the right word...
An onsite appeals to me..in the terms of making money...But nothing else...Family... relations ... ellaam ivide.. And I wanna be strong technically...but an onsite cant guarantee this. Instead the reverse wud happen... bcoz onsite at UST(my proj anyway) is usually testing or support and that s a big NO for me...
Cant decide..Never in my dreams (did i have any???) did I thik that money wud lure me ...but now...

gasmutai said...

Tell me where u write!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nopes ..cant say :)
Maybe one day I ll have a civilized version of the stuff i write and then I ll say.. ok? plz say yes :)
And its hmmm... not upto the mark

gasmutai said...

No.........